A prestigious UK law firm is looking to hire a Facilities Manager on a permanent basis to work within their London office on a permanent basis.
This role will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of their estate including their subcontracted providers who provide support with facilities (including reception, catering, print and general office services, security and cleaning).
The core hours are 9.30am to 5.30pm. The salary on offer is up to £67,000 plus benefits. This role is a permanent position, and you will be based in the office 5 days a week.
This is a fantastic Facilities Manager opportunity to join a prestigious UK law firm!
Responsibilities as a Facilities Manager:
• Supporting business case development for investment in new & existing locations and sourcing options for new office space. Supporting the design & fit-out and operational readiness for new & existing locations
• Building strong relationships with our workplace services suppliers & landlords
• Working closely with Finance, overseeing the management of Property & Workplace Services related financials, including planning & budget management. Delivery of Workplace-related reporting, including financial and carbon emissions reporting, office attendance & space utilisation reporting
• Ongoing facilities management & maintenance for London and other national offices, plus support to other international offices
• Achieving & maintaining ISO standards for each office, delivering on their environmental sustainability commitments
• Delivering robust carbon emissions data management capability to track and deliver our Sustainability targets in relation to carbon neutrality & net-zero
• Health & Safety policy development, oversight & engagement. Day-to-day execution (e.g., workstation & H&S assessments)
• Financial accountability for all Property & Workplace Services budgets, including budget setting, tracking, reporting and benchmarking
• Developing Workplace Services data governance, including accountability, process flows and approvals – improving data quality, frequency and relevance to decision making
• Developing KPI’s to support the robust management of Workplace Services performance and the performance of our suppliers
• Create and manage Property and asset data registers to audit and inform contract and project decisions
• Production of regular Property & Workplace Services management information for distribution to senior leaders e.g., Operations Board and Exec Board, including
• Influence decision making by producing data-driven analytics input for investment decisions and project status reporting
• Close engagement with Finance to enhance budget models, recharge mechanisms, cost control, service charge management and serviced office finance control and verification
• Line management responsibility for the Workplace Services Finance and Projects Lead, supporting their development and career progression
• Robust, proactive management of key suppliers who provide essential services to the firm, with a relentless focus on delivering client service excellence (e.g., catering & hospitality, reception services, office experience)
• Workplace Services Supplier contract management, including tenders, benchmarking, annual reviews, financial analysis & compliance
• Writing tender specifications, analysis of supplier bids, award of contracts & establishing service level agreements (outlining costs, service & quality standards, contract schedules, reporting and delivery timescales)
Requirements as a Facilities Manager:
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally with experience working in listed buildings
• Experience gained from a law firm or professional services firm would be advantageous
• Project management experience
• Ability to win trust and confidence of internal stakeholders
• Strong IT skills, with experience in CCTV and CAD
• IOSH qualification required; NEBOSH qualification desirable but not essential
• Membership or Associate Membership of IWFM, IOSH, ILEX is desirable